Decluttering

 

The first finish of 2024 to hang on the laundry line.

It's not often one gets to blog on the twenty-ninth of February, lol. I've been busy wrapping up a quilt, a quilt block, and making a little mess of some marvelous six-point diamonds, but they can be absorbed into the Flock of Stars quilt, so I'm not going to berate myself for one night of faffing about. Life is meant to be lived, not meted out in a draconian fashion.

Ahem. Perhaps I'm feeling so generous with myself because a book cover is underway, a manuscript is formatted for release, synopses are written, genres chosen. LOL! Mostly I'm feeling unencumbered because 1) I finished the languishing baby quilt, pictured at the top of this entry.

2) I completed the appliqued onesies and mailed off the quilt and onesies to their new home.

A flock of onesies.

3) I wrapped up the Cornflower block, even getting it washed, and now have a decision to make concerning how I want to hand-quilt that project, as well as where I'll use this marvelous table linen.

Too large for a coaster, too small for a placemat. I wonder what I'll do with it....

4) I made spag bol this morning, and just put a pot of chili in the oven for later today. Which means tomorrow I don't have to think about cooking AT ALL, hah!

Now I'm seated in the bright living room, the earlier showers have moved eastward, the forecasted high winds never materializing, woo hoo! Yes it will rain heaps and bunches for the next, well, MANY DAYS, but comfort food has been made, a package sent, a beloved EPP project waiting to be quilted.... Suddenly all those other hand-sewing tasks don't bother me. What's one more tote, you know?

The sewing and writing are my pleasures. Yes, I often give them away, but the making, the crafting, the fashioning of stories and cozies makes my heart happy. The ultimate goal isn't some set amount of output; the goal is joy in my creative life, and crossing off some projects adds to the thrill.

Back of the quilt; the dad-to-be is a HUGE Star Trek OST fan, hence the outer space fabric.

Not having to cook tomorrow is cool too. Insert winking emoji here.

Popular posts from this blog

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart

Fits, starts, and restarts