Last night away from home

 

Snapped at the park this afternoon while my granddaughters made bark chip ice cream cones.

I head home tomorrow. The week has been filled with great familial joys, Ted Lasso, too much gluten, several edited chapters of The Hawk, plentiful hand-stitching, and mostly warm weather. I don't know when I'll get around to finishing Season One of Ted Lasso, but I will see this section of my family in just a few weeks. In the meantime....

There are books to revise, perhaps a story to craft, a quilt to throw on the design wall, more EPP to stitch, some garden plots to clear, and memories, oh the marvelous memories of the past seven days. Easter thrills, grandgirl giggles, laughter with my daughter, some outstanding NY bagels and babka. I've greatly missed my hubby, planning an early exit from the SF Bay Area as soon as I have the car packed in the morning. While driving I can mull over the excitement enjoyed since last weekend, with maybe a few book ideas spinning in my head.

Stepping out of my realm makes for appreciation of the routine when I return to it. I'm not a big traveler, but am grateful to stretch the sojourning muscles, reconnecting with my kids and grandchildren when schedules mesh appropriately. Every so often I'm introduced to some new viewing fascination; The Planets by NOVA was a big hit last year, Ted Lasso for 2024. I don't mind coming late to a TV party, heck my husband and I are still enthralled with Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

I'll probably not get any written work accomplished until Monday at the earliest, nor am I in a big hurry to cut fabric for a quilt. But I am pondering these pastimes, as well as conversations shared with my beloveds. How blessed is the opportunity to spend time with those so loved, soaking up some warm sunshine, do a wee bit of shopping. I'm bringing home a new mug, some IKEA trinkets, three completed Ice Cream Soda blocks, a couple of 1" hexie flowers, and a little more of myself ingrained within folks close to my heart but usually far from my presence. A week away from home draws near those separated by many miles, then we'll do it again at the end of the month. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Popular posts from this blog

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart

Fits, starts, and restarts