Sometimes fancy


I might turn the inner pieces to go the other way. Will post the block when it's completed!

Preparation for travel always includes packing basted paper pieces. Well, usually I baste before I leave because it makes for less mess. My suitcase is sorted, the laundry and big cleaning done, lol. Late yesterday afternoon I went into the office to retrieve the hexie box, glancing at Myrtle blocks waiting to go into my backpack. Then I gazed at the stack of stuff to my right, brightly coloured fabric in various sizes of strips for Ice Cream Soda blocks and anything else that would fit.

And then I found myself counting out shapes, laying strips on the cutting mat, then pulling out scraps from my stash. I might have had better things to be doing, or at least items I could tick off my list, but truly, what's better than arranging another EPP block?

Rarely do I fussy-cut. I don't have the patience, willingness to leave a stunning piece of fabric with gaping holes, or the desire for such intricate beauty. But when I do fussy-cut.... Well, I'm pleased with it, occasionally wondering why I don't do it more often, hah! I was fortunate in that I had already fussy-cut six diamonds for one block; adding another six was easy, especially since I had the acrylic template. Within half an hour I had enough cut for two blocks, then last night during basketball I basted all the pieces, and now they are stored in the hexie box, which just needs to be put into my backpack, voila!

Sometimes packing is a bear, and sometimes it's in tune to the rhythm to our hearts and the accompanying tunes; heavy on The Cars and The English Beat, added to a playlist that needs to get transferred onto my phone.

I wanted to sew those fussy-cut diamonds last night, mostly because the effect will be gorgeous, but I didn't, instead keeping them like a special treat for our holiday. Maybe an early birthday gift to myself, hehehe; I think I'm used to the notion of twenty-nine times two, if not the actual number, then the sense of how that numeral has affected my creative spark. Definitely the flame has lessened, but it's still burning, the fussy-cutting an example. I haven't done much about the baby quilt, I think I mentioned I need to make a baby quilt. If I didn't, I need to make a baby quilt and I've cut some squares for it, but life veered away from that, instead steering me toward curating another two Ice Cream Soda blocks. Not all of them will be so futzy, or fussy, but a little sparkle is fine.

Wishing you all a lovely bunch of days, as I'm not sure when I'll pop back onto the blog. As April turns into May, may the continuing change of season bring you peace and joy!


Popular posts from this blog

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart

Fits, starts, and restarts