New perspectives

 

Sweet Williams that have escaped the deer's appetite.

I've gained an appreciation for hanging out, not something I'm very good at, but in still testing positive, there's not much else to do. Most of the congestion is gone, but I'm not a hundred percent, so lying low is my current occupation.

I told my husband that if nothing else I'm truly enjoying time in our room. I've never been the type to hang out in a bedroom; either I'm in the office writing or sewing, or in the evenings I'm seated on my living room sofa with hand stitching. I'm grateful for lovely views from our bedroom, as well as pleasant weather that makes for enjoyable afternoons seated in the sunshine.

Yet I'm wishing for a return to my usual haunts, also wondering if when I look back on this month, will I remember to appreciate the altered pace. I hope so, better than regretting it. Will I consider this as how I truly embraced getting older? Not that my age has any significant bearing on recovering from illness, although maybe it has, or more rightly just getting over my first experience with covid. Yet there are hurdles we endure that later carry certain hallmarks. This sure feels like one of them.

In the meantime, I'm grateful for good weather, improved health, and that nothing pressing is being missed, other than my husband rescheduling some dental appointments. Hopefully those are the only changes, and in a couple of days I'll test negative and move forward.

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery