Good night to the swan solstice

The end of one round and the beginning of the next! From teal to medium green, decreasing by four squares, woo hoo!

Usually I enjoy the Peace Round the World quilt on Wednesdays. With only seven of fifty-six squares left to add, I retrieved it this evening, thinking I'd do three. Well, four. Then on Wednesday, I could easily finish, as I get about four squares added in one Wednesday sitting.

Well, tonight I went all out, which this quilt kinda calls for; seven teal squares DONE. Added one of the next round, just because. (Green, in case you're wondering.) Now it's after eight p.m., but I wanted to document this, especially since tomorrow the grandsons are coming for a week, and I don't think I'll be 1) sewing much or 2) blogging much. Lol. (And if you're wondering why it's called swan solstice it's because from here to the end, no more round the perimeter rows. The decrease begins.)

Such a labour of love!

So tonight was the night, the last of July, and now Peace Round the World will rest in its bag until Wednesday. And this blog will sit quietly until, well, I don't know. If I can sneak in a post amid Abuela shenanigans, cool. Otherwise, I'll be in touch eventually.

Sides tucked in to show that indeed it's a completed teal round, hehehe.

In the meantime, enjoy your start to August. Try to stay cool. Or if you're in the southern hemisphere, I send warm thoughts your way! And much PEACE for all. 

Popular posts from this blog

Straight to the Heart

The Rescue of Owl Chicken Part Two

Blogging or Bluesky