Being in the moment

A scarf in the making for a granddaughter now since completed.

Due to a medical emergency in my family, the release of my next novel will be postponed a few days. I don't take my work with me, other than it being stored on a flash drive. And while I could jury-rig a publication while I am away from home, my thoughts are elsewhere, considering one so loved in the thick of a valiant battle against cancer and his wife, along with the rest of us, hoping for a miracle.

Situations like these remind how fragile is life, how important is to cherish the present, how telling those we love that we love them is vital. 

I really don't know what remains to be stated. I didn't sleep well last night, am very weary now. As soon as my granddaughters are unconscious, I will be too. In the meantime, hug those you love and communicate with beloveds.

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart