Honeycomb Stars quilt

What to say about this baby quilt that I haven't already mentioned.... It's beautiful, hehehe, and large enough for a little one to crawl around on initially, then cuddle with later. Lapsized for sharing, it's backed with flannel for extra warmth and snuggliness.

Above and below the sloths are fabrics from the Earth Views collection. I do adore those sloths!

Dotted with animals and nature, I also used some of my Karen Nyberg prints from her Earth Views collection. Various Kona solids in green tie together the beauty of Bonnie Christine's Wild Forgotten fabrics, a woodland theme I was happy to expound upon.

Yet for how lovely is this quilt, it will be my last, unless I am utterly compelled beyond reasonable boundaries. Which means while I won't say, "I will NEVER make another quilt like this again," I am fairly certain this is my final Honeycomb Stars blanket. The effect is truly marvelous, but the creating wasn't a similarly fantastic experience. Yet this is how we grow, by stretching ourselves. And at times returning to our comfort zones. No need to overextend continually for the sake of it. I have enough aches and pains as is, LOL.

The design is by Rachel Hauser of Stitched in Color. I do recommend it, a well-written pattern that also has instructions for larger (4") hexagons to make a king-size quilt. I used the smaller (2") hexagons for this abbreviated throw-size blanket, but I've previously made the larger version, although not for a king bed. Again I reduced the overall scope, fashioning a quilt for my eldest grandson. (His little brother received the 2" hexie version.) It's definitely a special design, and I'm glad to have made it for a baby girl due next month. Her awesome folks are dear to my heart, and I can't wait to send this their way!

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart