Coming to the ends

Machine quilting joy with plenty of pics; enjoy the colour-fest!

Yesterday was spent mostly at my computer, reading over my fictional WIP. I'm nearing the end, very cool, and wrote a chapter and a little extra this morning, which initially I left as one long chapter, then I split the last scene off into a new chapter that I will complete tomorrow. Previously I would have kept writing, but as I have stated earlier, or certainly meant to note, I am attempting to pace myself because much remains and I will get there when I do. In the meantime, there are quilts to quilt and designs on the wall to cut fabric for and more quilts to consider, ha ha ha! Plenty to do, rain or shine.

Perhaps the last of the machine quilting; I might hand-quilt the rest.

 

Pondering completions is a nice feeling though, in books or blankets. For the novel, the last few chapters feature big emotional payoffs, which I am itching to write, yet I'm not rushing those tear-fests. I cannot state enough how GREAT it is to again be caught up in a story that makes me feverish to tell, dude! And I feel similarly about the bright primary fabrics that are taking up space in my heart and design wall. Once I finish the rainbow quilt I'm going to start another of sorts, kind of saying BAH to the continued cloudy weather. I might even build a fire tonight, even if it's the middle of April. It's a chilly gray day, and I'm not as young and warm-blooded as I used to be, LOL.

I am just *SO IN LOVE* with these colours!

Maybe that's why quilts appeal to me so highly right now, and when summer arrives my sewing interest will diminish accordingly. Currently I'm feeling so blessed to run a quilt sandwich under the walking foot, sewing diagonally, using corners of the three-inch squares as my guide. Straight lines are pretty easy to accumulate, guiding the presser foot over gorgeous solids and bright prints, noting a few tightly woven batiks among those fabrics like sparkling bits of fictional dialogue that make a writer smile. Since I started quilting nine years ago, I have included sewing in a little of the writing, but in the current book a character is planning to open a fabric shop, hehehe! And assuming I reach the final book, one of the current young characters will be sewing as an adult my age. Time rifts abound in this tale, as well as sections set far in the future; two families will eventually fashion lasting ties, but right now a young couple is trying to fathom a great loss, and the possibility of what if.

Safety pins need to be removed; I'm *SO CLOSE*!

What if
features heavily in my previous series, just a hint of it in the current yarn. And speaking of yarn, I'm working on another baby blanket with the last skein of Lion Brand Mandala, which is gorgeous but each dang skein has a break, two tied to similar colours and two not, grrrr.... It's easy to use, washes up well, but I wouldn't buy it again due to the colour charm being compromised.
I haven't crocheted a ruffled edge in a while, but it came right back to me, whew. Love these hues as well.

Yet I am very pleased with the Connecting Threads solids in use in the Rainbow quilt; the fabric is a smidge less in weight than Kona solids, very smooth, and it too washes well. If/when I ever use up my Kona solids stash, I'd happily replenish it with Connecting Threads solids. But that's pretty unlikely, in that I have plenty of Kona, and one never knows the future.

And finally to end this rather wordy pictorial essay, a glimpse of the oranges and purples; three-inch squares were a little futzy but well worth the effort!

Unless one is an alien, or a hybrid of sorts, hoping to change the future, hey hey hey.... Okay, enough about the novel. Let's just say it's a love story, which is the title. A love story with quilts, casseroles, a wedding cake, and aliens. Who needs more than that?

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart