I think I can, I think I can....

 

Minus the four missing blocks, it already takes up most of a queen bed.

Gathered the gumption to again lay my Alexandria quilt on a flat surface to assess its current form.

Which is a stitched center surrounded by a plethora of hexagon blocks in varying states of readiness, four more required to reach one stage of.... Not completion, but to where I can set aside a big medallion, then begin the next stage.

Which sounds like a hop, skip, and a mere jump from what lies on the guest bed. Few things could be further from the truth.

The basis of which is do I have the guts (and gumption) to handsew blue and yellow blocks to an already sizeable center, then add pink and green blocks.

(I think I can, I think I can....)

So the honest truth to this quilt is that I upsized it from Jodi Godfrey's original design. Her 1.5" shapes became two inches, although that is the size she used when first making this quilt years ago. When she turned it into a pattern for her club, she shrunk the shapes a wee bit, but the ensuing design was still BIG. In enlarging the shapes, I have chosen to reduce the size of the pattern. I'll be making the same size quilt, but using fewer paper pieces.

That's assuming I go further than merely making two more pink and two more green blocks.

(I think I can, I think I can....)

It's easy for me to lay everything out, easy to sit at night and stitch, easy to write this post about all of that. Easy to forget how badly my right shoulder hurt after sewing the inner design, which hasn't found a home other than a spare bed. Easy to think, "Well, I've done so much on it, and have so much prepped, and, and, and...."

And it would so SO DANG COOL when finished. And wow, I'd feel accomplished. And, and, and....

(I think I can, I think I can....)

Time will tell, as it usually does. In the interim, Happy Wednesday!


Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery