Above is most of a fourteen-inch high by twenty-inch wide section of blues for a wall hanging I'm crafting with two other quilters. Blue is the bottom hue, topped by green, then orange, then yellow. Starting with my fave colour, I'll be going upward as time allows, but I'm pleased with starting this and definitely looking forward to sewing more! In part that the fabrics are a collaboration, hehehe, a few of my Karen Nyberg Ocean prints in this piece, which I have shared with my quilting companions. Also a yellow woven, not loose-woven, though I plan to put some loosely woven fabric in my yellow section. Need to allow a wide seam allowance for that fabric, as well as any other wovens I include. I've been reading a book about saints for a few months, not Butler's Lives of the Saints , though Alban Butler was yesterday's saint of the day. All Saints by Robert Ellsberg is a fascinating collection of canonized saints and saintly people; Fannie Lou Hamer and Dietr...
I had planned to use pictures from the Winnie the Pooh quilt for this tutorial, but as I prepped the rainbow quilt, I snapped shots of that process for this post. Heads-up: This is long, lots of photos, and probably more words than you need, but I don't often (if ever because I use tried and true methods borrowed from quilters long before me) write tutorials, so please bear with me on this. However, might I add, not merely in my defense, but to strengthen my belief that if one isn't averse to hand-stitching, that this method, heavily borrowed from Kawandi quilting, is a marvelous manner in which to throw quilting bindings out the window. Okay, having said ALL THAT, here's how I go about securing the perimeter of a quilt! First, make a quilt sandwich just as you normally would, however, the extreme excess backing and batting can be eliminated for this method! Less waste = more materials for future projects, lol. Now, I like to sit for the rest of this procedure, but if you p...
It's late for me. I'm weary but in the best beloveds are visiting way. And tonight I completed a round on the Peace Round the World quilt. Here's a picture. I'd love to say more, however I really am about to fall over into my laptop keyboard. Suffice to say it's the last day of September and I'm moving forward with this quilt, YAY! Have a lovely rest of the week out there....