Time for reflection

After many cloudy mornings, this was our sunrise today.

We're going away for a few days, will see most if not all of our kids and grandkids. I have been so plugged in to the writing that last night I dreamed about merging what I'd been rewriting with something else I'd written, although upon waking I realized the something else was a figment of my nocturnal musings. It was about ducks of all things, and I smiled, aware I needed to unplug from my fictional wanderings.

Yet I don't get far from those notions, as I'm taking a notebook connected to the real story in addition to some English paper piecing as recreation. I'm never far from the quilting/fabric/sewing life, how intriguing those two interests have woven themselves so deeply within my soul. I harvested another big tomato yesterday and some smaller ones, larger than cherry toms but not by much. Baby pumpkins are attempting to attract pollinators and I'm looking forward to when I return to examine if they were successful. And I'm thinking about ducks that somehow survive desolation, but honestly I don't believe there is any way to merge a duck into the rewrite.

Yes, time for me to uproot myself from the familiar into the familial. What fictional and not so far from reality mischief will I get into upon my return, hehehe....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart