Early Halloween treats

Thanks to my husband for help with this photo.

Someone dear to me has been especially patient; for the past few years she's asked for a Halloween quilt and every time other projects get in the way. This year I'm going to surprise her with this beauty, making a few other shinies in the process.

I'm not one for holiday comforters per se; I've made a few Christmas quilts and MANY Christmas placemats and coasters, but otherwise I steer clear of most themes. Not that I don't like bringing out special decorative items, I suppose I prefer quilts with everlasting meanings. I curated these prints a little haphazardly, it's definitely more busy than I meant for it to be. Yet it's a happy quilt, lots of smiles, dancing skeletons, and flashy bats. Spider webs aplenty and some pumpkins that look very much like nice fabric squash; I'm hoping to get some mug rugs from the scraps, as well as another quilt if time allows. I have revisions to sort, but right now I'm in a sewing mood.

Not that I've been ignoring what I want to write; I woke early this morning full of ideas for one particular story, perhaps feeling pulled toward it in a manner that suggests it is next in the queue. It's not Halloween themed, but it will start off in autumn, which is fast approaching here along the North Coast. By the time I get to writing, fall will have arrived in full, hopefully rain alongside the change in seasons. We might get a little tomorrow, perfect weather to be inside, guiding a quilt under the machine, tightly securing those layers.


Which now waits for me to start basting. And off I go....

Popular posts from this blog

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Fits, starts, and restarts

Following one's heart