Projects in process

For the eldest grandgirl; attaching one side of the binding, which was then sewn on via my machine.

Family is heading our way for the week, so best I write a post now, little time to do so once they arrive. The pattern for the coaster pictured above is courtesy of Jodi Godfrey, from her Cornflower Quilt in the marvelous book The Seedling Quilts. Over the summer when I visited my eldest daughter and family, I took along the little paper pieces, then asked my granddaughters to choose fabrics so I could make them each a block. Those blocks were sewn together once I got home, then floated around the sewing hoo haa that needs to be cleared before family arrives today, ahem. Anyways, I completed these coasters, they are now in the dryer. Very pleased for how they turned out and I hope the grandgirls enjoy using them both here for tea parties and when they again reach home.

A finished mug rug for my youngest granddaughter; we're planning on some tea parties this week and they can break these in over cups of tangerine and cherry blends!

In addition to quilted matters, on October tenth I'm releasing the second book in my current series; Gracious Mysteries is available for pre-order but if you'd like to have it early, drop me an email at annascottgraham at gmail dot com and I'll send you a link where you can get it now. This book has been my first attempt with organizing a pre-order, quite an interesting experience.

I'm so looking forward to doing little more than hanging out with some of my nearest and dearest; weather is supposed to be very pleasant for early October and I foresee s'mores being eaten alongside blackberry and apple cobbler. I wish you all a splendid bunch of days and will be back in a week or so. Happy autumn everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Stuck in a lull

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels