Enjoying the matters at hand

This morning's sunrise approaches, reminding me to embrace where I am right this minute.

Despite setting aside one story, others remain, lol. One is definitely a work in progress, although it is completed and has recently been through yet another wringer, which all drafts require. But I am nearing the end of possessing That Which Can Be Remembered (TWCBR), both as a series and book. And in reading it now, a few weeks away from its release, I am enjoying the story and the sense of closure, which admittedly is a good feeling, having just jettisoned 20K for the hinterlands.

Especially since TWCBR comes from a similar start; I gave up on those characters twice before finally committing to their story, dude! It was painful, aggravating, at times depressing. I so wanted to explore their hurts and triumphs, yet it took a good year before I could reclaim that book. When I did, I wrote like Past Me, pounding out a chapter daily, sometimes more, hehehe. A four-part series was trimmed to three novels, and in reading through the conclusion, I am struck at the humor amid the pathos, what creating a series provides. Characters have gone through so much together, establishing rich histories within the story, and inside me too.

Maybe it was difficult writing A Rose Blissful because that novel is a standalone. Was it hard to invest my time in it because I needed to be succinct? That's an intriguing notion, hmmmm. Regardless, I'm glad to have moved away (but not on, we'll see what happens) from it, freeing up time for other projects, not all of an authorial nature. I have a quilt to repair for my eldest daughter, birthday gifts to wrap and send to my youngest grandchild, green bean and sausage soup to make this morning. November used to be focused on drafting new novels, but perhaps I need to release that to my writing past. Past Me required a set time to start a new book, but Present Me doesn't necessarily need that prompt. TWCBR taught me that books will emerge at their own pace, and when they do, ah so, don't get in their road!

And as a little plug, I've enrolled Gracious Mysteries in Smashwords 6th Annual End of Year Sale, which starts on December fifteenth; GM will be free for two weeks just as I release TWCBR, the final novel in the series. If you'd like to save a dollar, download GM then, picking up That Which Can Be Remembered at the same time, as well as The Possibility of What If, the series' starter, and revel in the entire collection! Or get the first two now, whatever makes you happy. I so enjoyed writing these stories and hopefully soon I can say that for another book or three. For now it's breakfast time, then off to investigate another beautiful day.

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart