An incomplete first draft

Yarn for baby blankets, two of which I have already started for two different blankets, kind of like the current state of the writing.

So I have copied and pasted the first draft of the WIP into a new document, titling it the Second Draft. However, the first draft did not reach The End. Hmm. Let me explain....

[But first, I'll say I have NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, the starting of a second draft without completing a first draft. Heads-up, so to speak, like a disclaimer.]

Anyway.... So yeah, first draft not finished, moving right into second draft. Okay, okay, OKAY.... Hmmm. Why am I so, so.... Not exactly troubled, actually not bothered at all although it might seem that way from all this blathering and all caps, etc etc etc. Goodness gracious girl get on with the friggin' post!

(Okay, but lemme just say I kinda reached an end of sorts, the end to figuring out how these characters and their plot lines were going from timeline to timeline and that part of it is REALLY COOL!)

[But once I wrote that, the ensuing chapter and a half kinda sucked. Dang!]

(But the reason they were going in and out of time *IS FABULOUS*, then after I wrote the crappy scenes, I figured out how to tie in what I was trying to get at in the crappy writing but to do so I'd have to go back to the beginning of the novel to properly lay in the appropriate backstory.)

[But that means I'm kinda in need of a rewrite, well, not a *full-blown* rewrite but certainly some/several scenes added and if I'm gonna go to all that effort....]

(I might as well start a second draft, ya'know?)

Um, maybe I wrote the post. See all the hoo haa in parentheses and brackets above, hehehe.

[Oh, one more thing. It's extremely intriguing to be *done* without actually hitting The End. It's like finishing an ice cream cone and at the very bottom of the cone there's a dollop of chocolate. Or whatever is your fave sweet.]

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart