Staying on the garden path

Other than the lower left corner, a cleared path appears. Of course there's the bed of irises to the left that need to be sorted but that's for another day, lol.

Yesterday was sunny, today not so much. I try to be outside when the weather is truly pleasant, so I spent Sunday afternoon weeding the gravel path which leads to the greenhouse. The day became so warm I jettisoned my hoodie, using a very long screwdriver to extricate dandelions and such ilk from between the stones. One small section remains, but I'll get to it during our next spate of sunshine. Better to do a little weeding when I can so my hands remain intact for other pleasures.

Which mainly means WRITING! I adore a good love story, have been itching to craft one, and it seems I've succeeded; the word count is improving, and after some odd tangents that were quickly reined in, I'm in a good flow both for how much is being written and the actual prose, lol. When words accumulate, that means I'm enjoying myself, and that is what matters most. This isn't a romance novel, although love figures heavily. I prefer the term love stories because romance mainly indicates various levels of sexual passion. Love permits a wide range of relationships, which does include a few heated moments, hehehe.

What's really great is that with the kinks smoothed out, this tale is starting to resemble the gravel path; weeds have been chucked aside, revealing plenty of bumps but few bruises. I'll need to add more gravel, in part that the grandsons picked through it two weeks ago, locating their favourite rocks, haha! Their mum, my youngest daughter, is a geology grad, so they know a little about what makes a rock worthy of choosing. And somehow the stones seems to go missing, so like padding the word count, I'll add more so the path sparkles when again the sun does shine. And when I finish the novel, I'll start revisions, just as after time I'll put back on my knee pads and pull more weeds. Never-ending processes that keep me nimble in body and mind.

As for my soul.... I'm in a pretty good place there too. Writing is one main upper, lengthening days another. Familial relationships are solid, quite a number of blessings to count. My cold is just about gone, a big hoorah! And it is spring despite chilly temps today and more snow for the mountains. We brought wood into the garage yesterday, after all the weeding wrapped up, and I'll build a cozy fire tonight, by which I'll then crochet more on a baby blanket. It's a simple life, easy pleasures, but often those are best. Or at least I'll leave the complications to my characters. It might be a love story, but every drama requires bumps in the road to make it interesting.

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart