Behind the scenes

A binding being applied.

First off, for the next five and three-quarter months, Gracious Mysteries is free on Smashwords! The second in my That Which Can Be Remembered series, it was originally released as a pre-order, hence the need for a price. However, I'm not really about charging for my novels, so I've set it as a freebie, but only through the Smashwords store. You can check out my entire catalogue on Smashwords, or find my books at other various online retail sites.

Next, my goodness it's nice to 1) have finished my recent WIP. 2) Enjoy some warm temps! 3) Send off the Rainbow quilt and a mug rug to their new home. 4) Faff around with other coasters, binding strips, and myriad quilting hoo haa littering my big table. I did that today amid sunny skies, then went outside and planted six nasturtiums, about the extent of my gardening fever this spring. I truly have nothing in the tank in regard to seedlings, plants, etc. Instead I'm all-in for noveling and sewing. Next week is supposed to be cool, cloudy, with maybe a bit of precipitation, YES! Otherwise I feel a tad guilty being inside when blue skies and warm temps beckon.

I have zero guilt about settling in to read through my latest completed draft, LOL! Once I get through it, then I'll open up Book 2, and then.... Not sure if I'll read it straight or start off with edits, I won't know until I reach that point. A little mystery is good for the soul; I can't have everything nailed down tightly.

As for a quilt on the wall.... Depending on just how cool and cloudy next week ends up, I may try to start sewing that together. I need to choose a solid for corners between large squares, probably something dark, but not dark blue because dark blue squares make up a section. Hmmm.... Need to ponder that one.

Spring is here, days lengthening, not running the heater except first thing in the morning. Not wearing thick socks to bed anymore either, ha ha. Kind of a transitional period, as one novel ends but not yet starting another, quilts here and there, coasters in a pile on my sewing table aching to be machine-quilted. And I really need a haircut, ahem.

If you need a blend of fantasy rooted in a good family saga/women's fic kind of series, check out The Possibility of What If, which leads to Gracious Mysteries, culminating in That Which Can Be Remembered. And if you pick up these novels on Smashwords, they're all free! Happy weekend and if you find my garden mojo, enjoy it thoroughly, hehehe....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart