Another Monday rolls by

Another rainbow quilt; I'm really into ROYGBIV right now.

I finished up a quilt top today, only a minor snafu in the bottom row; the first two vertical stripes should be at the end of that row, but I didn't notice the mistake until it was far too late to rip out way too much to correct it. Ah so, as my Vodali folks would say.

Otherwise I am very happy with the pattern, which I saw on Cath Hall's Instagram a few weeks ago. I sewed it up as though regular patchwork, nesting seams and all. When I make this design again, I'll avoid using jelly roll cuts, only in that the pinked edges make for a little trickiness when aligned against straight cuts. And I'll mix up the fabrics, using prints for the eight and a half inch squares instead of solids.

Initially I had a different title for today's post, but that was hours ago, and now it's like a different day has occurred. Not that catastrophic drama happened, although my husband had a tooth pulled this afternoon and he's feeling pretty meh. I was going to wax philosophically about how our lives lend themselves to things spinning off in manners we don't predict, kind of a left hand not being aware of what the right hand is doing theme. But now it's nearly six in the evening and I'm tired, not really feeling that sort of entry, although it's a valid point that deserves attention. Maybe I'll tackle it one of these mornings when I have plenty of energy.

For now a quilt top is complete. Revisions are coming along well. A (small) pomegranate tree has joined our garden. And another Monday rolls on past....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart