Juggling alternate timelines

Petunias and one random flower recently installed into a bucket. So pretty!

I mean that merely in a fictional manner, although after a tremendously bright Sunday, clouds have overwhelmed our area as though impending summertime was a dream. I did get some pumpkin plants into the ground yesterday afternoon when the sun peeked out for a few hours. Otherwise I'm living like it's mid-February, spending my mornings with the writing, then sewing the rest of the day. 

Except that it's not cold out, despite gray skies. Well, it's not warm certainly, but not as chilly as February or even March. It's typical Humboldt weather, loads of overcast skies occasionally broken up by sun, although probably not today. And that's fine, wholly freeing me up to spend much of the day with indoor tasks which might include cleaning a bathroom, ahem. Yeah, really gotta do that, but first is this post. then some quilt wall play as I finished the fabric WIP yesterday and by evening's end had a quilt sandwich awaiting my machine. But tinnitus is troubling me today, so I'll skip the mechanics and plot out the next design. And ponder a fictional mix of realms that have been a little finicky to sort.

Part of the trouble is the simple exercise of rewriting. Trouble is a little strong, yet it's the essence of edits. Making something better requires a fair amount of work, but I think I'm finally getting to grips with how I want this story to proceed. Lots of going back and forth between chapters as well as characters, lol. Revising can be a tricky beast, but when done well the result sparkles, kind of like a clean bathtub LOL.

In the interim, I think I'll have a banana and a cup of something warm and slightly caffeinated. An alternate timeline sees me scrubbing the tub, but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart