Baby quilt #2

A great day to hang a quilt!

Another finish, that of a fabric variety; this is the second in a brief series, lol. Our grandson is visiting for a fortnight, so time to set aside some of my usual pastimes, although there's always a spare moment for the last few stitches along the back of a binding, then tossing said quilt in the wash and voila! Mild crinkles but much goodness amid solid and print vibrancy. Ahhh, I do like myself a lovely little baby quilt. 

The back is a mix of old and new, in that I've had the Disney princess yardage for almost ten years! The coordinating pink and mint green matching fabrics have been in my stash for a while, and seemed perfect to pair together here. The bottom yellow print I purchased last year, then a thin strip along the side that I used in a previous backing, a great piece of scrap right where I needed it.

Smaller quilts come together so quickly, maybe I should make more of them.

These three and six-inch squares were a joy to sew, and thankfully I have some leftover, hehehe. This was machine quilted with coral and bright green threads, adding to the multi-hued theme. Now to package it up along with a crocheted afghan and some EPP decorated onesies, then ship it to a lovely couple awaiting their first baby. Such a pleasure to craft, then gift. Then I'll move onto the next project on the design wall, as well as teaching my grandson how to use a sewing machine; he's eager to make a coaster after we play some ping pong, card games, board games and enjoy a few episodes of Bluey, ha ha ha....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart