Random musings

My eight-year-old grandson's first mug rug! Violet Craft and Kaffe Fassett feature heavily alongside the bottom left batik square.

Teaching my grandson the basics of machine sewing has been one main joy of the past week, amid the general pleasures of a youngster's presence. While I had initiated the notion of stitching, he brought it up on his first full day, and by Thursday he had a coaster waiting for the quilt sandwich treatment. He also helped me design a new quilt, which awaits time under the machine when life returns to its regularly scheduled programming.

In these early hours of the day I've managed a good look at recent manuscripts and so far I'm happy with the results. I've come up with the beginning of what will be Book 5 in the series, and the basics for Book 6 are pretty firm in my mind. Those stories are definitely for Future Me, like 2024 Me. Yet it's great to have a road map for this saga; I might know the eventual destination, but how to get there remains a mystery, albeit a little clearer.

Just this morning I had an idea for the currently wafting in my head version of Jen Kingwell's Wandering Wife quilt that might even make it into one of those future books, ha ha! Hard for me to keep my favourite pastimes separated. Instead of machine pieced blocks framed by strips, I'm conjuring orphaned EPP blocks appliqued onto solid fabrics, then placed randomly in the beauty of Kingwell's design. Another project for Future Me, both in the literal and the literary.

And I've learned that one-inch hexies fit perfectly on preemie onesies. More about that soon....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart