Finished corners

Not much to say about this quilt, other than I LOVE how it turned out! And how glad I am to have finished it in three days instead of four, lol. Now it's packed for travel tomorrow, but here are some pics as I completed it.

I used Art Gallery fabric and some batik for the binding, hoping those cottons wouldn't be too difficult in the hand-stitching. They were good as gold, and I'm very grateful to have employed them.

Batiks and some Australian aboriginal prints made up the front, a few of these I have had for a long time. Batiks aren't my faves for EPP, better to use them in machine piecing. Kona Berry makes up the small squares.

I took a lot of pictures for myself as I hand-quilted, one of that method's perks being the time to admire the gorgeous fabrics that make up the top. The backing fabrics were also special; the rainbow flower extravaganza at the top was a wideback piece from my eldest daughter. The lighter flower fabric was from my youngest girl. And the pink panel section is one of the first fabrics I ever bought. Very nice to use it here.


How awesome to fashion such a treasure, maybe I don't consider that enough. I've been sewing quilts for over nine years and I never tire of them, kind of how I love writing novels. While I often draw comparisons between those hobbies, a quilt is far more cuddly, ha ha. It's warm and soothing, it can be used for many moments. Goes right in the wash, easily popped into the dryer, then employed again. And again. And again.


Books can be read repeatedly, but sometimes the spoiler effect hampers the full enjoyment. A quilt pattern can be reused, as the fabrics are rarely the same, front and back and binding. Not that I could give up writing, nor can I imagine not sewing. These two hobbies satisfy my creative drive in complementary manners. My goodness, I am so glad to have them as outlets. Now to prep for a holiday, then back to my regularly scheduled posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Fits, starts, and restarts

Following one's heart