Chapter one

Adorable purple pumpkins were the impetus behind this block, combined with scrappy Art Gallery fabric that isn't hard to EPP. Sherri Lynn Wood's amazing book underneath the block is a real winner and not merely for improv quilting.

Despite starting a new book yesterday, I'm not writing today. That's not typical of how I approach a first draft, but I'm so glad to be back on the storytelling path, I'm not overly bothered.

So, a new manuscript, hehehe. I read over that initial chapter a few hours after completing it, making notes for some immediate alterations, which I put into place this morning. It's early here, I didn't sleep well, but having mentally prepared myself to NOT WRITE today, I was only good for small revisions. That's a funny mix of go with the flow and stay the course if ever there was one.

This series is all about spontaneity and structure intersecting in a manner I can't try to overthink. Yesterday's writing was a little stop and start-like, but once a few paragraphs emerged, I was lost in a different world, and I don't merely mean a new fictional realm. This novel is set way in the future far from this universe. Far Away from Home is the working title, and it will be followed by a story that twists that title just a bit. I'm introducing several new characters, and two will figure heavily in the next book; currently in this series two novels are tied closely together, kind of a neat trick, yet while I know how the plot will evolve, I don't have future stories paired in this manner.

But I have a first chapter under my belt, woo hoo! And a pretty Cornflower block under construction, as well as a new quilt on the design wall, three rows already stitched together. Here it is in grayscale; I'll post a colour version once I'm further along in the sewing process.

Lots of crafting underway, which makes me feel good in a get my creative ya-ya's out manner. Now if I can just find a better sleep schedule, lol. One issue at at time....

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart