Small things first

Maybe my fave.

I'm taking off a day from the novel; I had to visit the local endodonist, the consultation result being I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars to have a tooth removed than a few thousand for a root canal repair and probable new crown. A-hem! Yet stepping away from my writing provides time for other pleasures, after getting back from the dentist, lol. And with most of the coasters done, a couple of placemats completed too, here is how the battle for attention panned out between mug rugs and their larger cousins.

A nice assortment to scatter here and there.

The coasters won, of course, ha ha! I have one still in need of a binding, otherwise all are washed and waiting for the first of October. Our cloudy and now smoky weather continues, but it is still September, a couple more days before autumn begins officially, and these will adorn my tables of various sizes until the end of November thereabouts, no immediate rush to slap them where teacups usually land.

I just adore that orange skull print, ADORE IT!

Yet I had to complete them, not sure why because even though they are smaller than placemats, they still required all the necessary items; batting, backing, binding.... Once a quilt top or its miniature equivalent is done, the sandwich remains. The three B's I think of them as, finishing a lovely project perfectly!

A wee bit more orange, with bats for binding.

Now, I didn't make ALL THE COASTERS. A little more than half are tucked away for later days. That would have been heaps of mug rugs, and the placemats are screaming for attention. I'm parsing them out one a day, and will be done by Saturday. Then there is fabric to cut for a lap quilt, another small blanket that needs its machine quilting finished, my husband's new comforter considered....

Pink is pretty too.

But sometimes small things, often getting brushed aside or lost in the shuffle, come first. These coasters aren't tiny, mind you, but one past recipient remarked that a larger mug rug allowed room for an accompanying snack. Hehehe, that was lovely to hear. Smaller coasters are niggly when it comes to the binding, although pretty darn adorable. I chose these to be on the generous side, as I too like a little snack with my beverage.

One of two prototypes that ended up getting the purple pumpkin print added to the top as the other trial coaster came out too narrow.

Maybe I'll pop one alongside my keyboard, it is rather autumnal outside. I have others made last year that I can employ with the placemats. Life is short, seasons are too. Please remind me I said the latter in about six months when I am up to the gills with cold weather, ha ha ha.

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels

Following one's heart