Always good to be home

 

Heading west on I-580, just having crossed over a lengthy bridge.

My goodness, where has the time gone? I've been back for two days, but no moment has been free to post here. I enjoyed a lovely getaway with an old friend, some warm temps, and an environment wholly altered to where I live. All in all, a terrific holiday, and now guests are arriving, which will probably preclude my usual flow of entries, although I truly am hoping to release my next book VERY SOON, lol.

Getting out of one's routine is full of positives, the sense of adventure, especially when going somewhere new. Spending time with a pal from the the past enhanced the sojourn, much over which to chat. She knew our locale well, for which I was grateful. And I didn't miss my hexie box at all, instead spending my downtime reading one of my old novels, again falling in love with the sense of writing merely for my own pleasure.

Our impending visitors will preclude me from diving into the prose, but I'm certainly pondering what my next novel project might be, as well as gaining excitement for publishing a new tale! It's a sci-fi romance that falls into the new adult/chick lit category. It's a book inspired by great love, aching loss, and stalwart hearts. It leads into what is currently four novels, but more await my time at the computer, which I hope to claim sometime next month. Or maybe as soon as guests depart, we'll see how the muse moves me.

For now, I'm happy to be home, thrilled for beloveds who will arrive this evening. Grateful for the experiences that occurred outside of Humboldt County, appreciative of my hubby and our cozy nest. I'm itching to write, lol, but that will happen in its own sweet time. Sweet because time has just altered, what with springing forward, more daylight in the evenings, warm temps right in my backyard!

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Stuck in a lull

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels