Just waiting

 

Tonight's completion, a little Liberty fabric on the perimeter.

A quiet few days lately. No writing or revising going on, although I'm hoping to release a new book next week! I've spent a fair amount of time hand-quilting the Cornflower quilt, but there's PLENTY left to stitch. I cut fabric for a disappearing nine-patch, but now I'm prepping for a getaway, so packing and cleaning have taken precedence. And I'm not taking a hexie box with me.

No time for sewing? What kind of vacation is this! It's the kind where the sights are my focus, and a friendship celebrated with a gal I've known since junior high (middle school). My hands aren't in need of a break, or not that I know, lol. But I need a change of pace, and a weekend with a dear friend is the perfect way to spend some time.

When I get home, oh wow, lots to do; a novel to publish, a quilt top to baste, perhaps some gardening.... We're expecting balmy temps in a week, so I plan to start some flower seeds, my husband has veg seeds. Then of course I could weed, hahaha!

But mostly I'm grateful for the small things; longer stretches of daylight, a break in the rain, lengthy friendships. Lots of EPP waiting for me, spring approaching. Wishing you all a marvelous weekend, and when I return, expect plenty of novel chit-chat!

Popular posts from this blog

Fits, starts, and restarts

Stuck in a lull

Orphan blocks are not like unfinished novels