A nice milestone

 

Photo courtesy of my husband.

While much in our garden has been attacked by critters, the green beans seem to escaped unscathed. Fingers crossed these purple bean plants, pictured above, as well as the regular green bush variety will continue to grow well!

In other news.... Sewing has been a pleasure, but it's not the only joy. This morning I finished revising what will be Book 6 of The Hawk, and wow, what a treat this section has been. Fast-paced action and plenty of it makes for a quick read, amazing this author how deftly a large cast with lots of drama seamlessly winds between characters old and new. I completed not only what will be the sixth installment, but also the second volume, from where I have been reading. One more remains, broken into, ahem, four books.

Yeah, it's quite the saga, not at all what I had initially envisioned over a dozen years ago when the idea popped into my head. But sometimes that's how life, and books, goes. Not that I bit off more than I could chew, but over time one story line begat others, and I was blessed enough to simply write, leaving the edits for another day.

Six years after completion, those revisions are ongoing, lol! At least once quilts are finished, that's truly it, other than minor repairs. Yes I use my fave cozies often, but while snuggling under them I merely admire my handiwork. I don't plot out how to remove this or that block, let me tell you.

Not all my novels get the work-over The Hawk is receiving, or not all those I publish. Three are in print and I have NO PLANS to poke at them, mostly because I don't want to go through the hassle of updating the print versions. But ebooks are fair game, and The Hawk is getting a thorough viewing. I can't imagine doing this again, in part that the saga is so lengthy, and my edits have been minimal, which says I've given this behemoth plenty of attention in the past. Now seems a good time to make these alterations, mostly in how I have split it up into ten novels. Not sure when I'll release the first, perhaps after my Smashwords account switches over to Draft2Digital. I had considered publishing this tale before that, but now over halfway done, best that I wait for the switch.

Or maybe I'll change my mind after my impending holiday to the Midwest. I've realized that presuming this or that is fine, but doesn't mean my assumptions are set in stone. Flexibility is paramount in all endeavors. 

For now, I'm ready to leave The Hawk at home. If somehow a real-life hawk could guard the green beans, both my husband and I would appreciate it!

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery