Before I forget

The whole enchilada!
 

Here's a quilt I made, love, and would enjoy sewing again if time, energy, and the right fabric collection all align. The Seedlings Sampler quilt, designed by Jodi Godfrey, my version pictured above, based upon the fabulous Literary collection by Heather Givans.

Elderberry Quilt block

These shots were taken last month at my eldest daughter's home. My youngest granddaughter needed a cozy, and her mum brought out this fave blanket. I snapped it while cuddling with said grandgirl, pondering many things.

Yarrow Quilt block

How nice it is to snuggle with a beloved.

How lovely that when a quilt was required, my daughter offered this particular one.

How marvelous it was to create.

How blessed we were at that moment to be together.

How much I wanted to write a post about this comforter, but it took me a few weeks to do so, lol.

Feverfew and Cornflower blocks

This quilt was planned in September 2019, and I began stitching during Jodi's sew-along the following month. I worked on it during our trip to England, the first we took since leaving Yorkshire in 2007. I stitched throughout the end of 2019, then into 2020, and completed it just as Covid locked down this nation and others. Fortunately I was able to give it to my daughter right before everything altered, but I don't think of this quilt in relation to the pandemic. I consider it as the perfect answer to a fabric collection I bought in honor of my daughter's love for books, and how well I pulled off a sampler heaped with scraps and so much love.

Rosemary blocks in the sun and shadows

Sometimes the planets do align. Sometimes I get all my ducks in a row. Sometimes a group of fat quarters loiter within my stash, then are pulled out for a project like this, several designs arranged in a marvelous manner, sewn together by hand and machine. And sometimes a grandchild is chilled and needs a special cozy. This abuela pulls out her phone, snaps some shots, then writes about it weeks later, grateful for how technology and old school ways blend for a Tuesday blog post.

Myrtle block also in the sun and shadow

Sometimes that's all it's about, this strange, lovely collection of time we call life.

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery