Stepping into the great unknown

Flowers at home that the deer ignored. I wonder what of them will remain when I return....

Today's title refers both to my upcoming Midwestern holiday and what I might write when I get back. And sew, but the sewing is really more for later this year, while the fictional prose definitely relates to what I hope to accrue from mid-July onward.

Well, in mid-July I'm getting a tooth extracted, but after I recover from that.... Then it will be all about the noveling!

I've done a fair amount of traveling this year, more than usual, and while I adore time with beloveds and investigating new places, I also love writing. I miss writing. I haven't written anything solid in months. Revisions are fine; they're necessary and kinda easy (at times) and a change of pace. But writing....

Crafting prose and dialogue makes my pulse race, my heart flutter, my brain happy, and puts my soul into a sphere that, well, proffers a creative joy none of my other hobbies offer. Writing provides personal satisfaction, artsy thrills. It has been my non-loved one passion for over seventeen years. I am itching to write!

Oddly enough, the great unknown if you will, what I want to write isn't my new series. LOL! What I'm hoping to work on is a book I started four years ago but didn't complete, a sequel of sorts to a novel I penned over a decade ago. I found this lost story recently, have read it over three times. I want to give it a conclusion, although I may not do more than finish it, then tuck it back safely into a hard drive and flash drive. Or maybe I'll edit it and release it, who knows? The great unknown is good for ambiguity, and boy other than wanting to complete this tale, I'm really ambiguous about it.

I'm using it as a springboard. I'm a little apprehensive about returning to the new series, in I'm not sure how to approach Book 5. So best I write something else, and by the time I'm ready for Book 5, Book 5's agenda will be ready for me.

I probably won't be posting anything significant for a couple of weeks, so I wish you all a lovely fortnight! May summer's lengthy days, or winter's brief light, give you all you need for rest, relaxation, and inspiration.

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery