Pondering many things


Family is visiting this coming week, looking very much forward to that!

The son of a dear friend has been diagnosed with cancer, which totally sucks.

I'm pleased for how Book 3 of The Enran Chronicles survived an edit. And I came up with a great plot point for much further down that series' road.

I'm trying to maintain a safe distance from my country's upcoming election, but at times find it hard to not fret. And about that, I may post a bit, just a heads-up that this blog could sport some political entries.

I had pizza last night, made with a gluten-free crust, yet today I'm feeling some effects as though the crust wasn't quite gluten-free.

The Eden quilt might take more time than I considered, as I'm not happy with the plethora of blocks made with gray borders. I'm digging those pictured above, and may adjust the borders on a bunch of stars still in need of perimeters.

It's nearly October; where has September gone??? Not that our weather has changed much; no rain, warm temperatures, but lessening daylight signals the season has altered. I should get out my battery candles, putting away seashells that decorate the dining and living room windowsills.

Other than all that.... I can't wait to hang out with relatives, stepping away from my usual routine for the next several days. After their departure, I will.... Maybe read through Book 3 again, doing some plot-fact-checking. Probably pull out the Red Sky at Night machine sewing, hehehe! Or perhaps I'll wait until I finish all the EPP blocks for that quilt. While the quilt-along is scheduled to conclude in December, I've made the mental decision to extend that deadline into March, not wanting to feel rushed, as well as enjoy this project throughout winter. Which seems far away, what with our dry, unseasonably warm weather.

Just some random thoughts on this twenty-eighth day of the ninth month of the year.


Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery