A fast break

Where did last week go? Family left yesterday, and only now am I sitting at my computer, mulling over what to say, as the right side of my middle back recovers from a recent wrenching that I can't explain other than to say I moved wrong. Aging sometimes sucks, but it beats dying prematurely.

Well, that's a mouthful. I enjoyed a relatively pain-free, marvelous week with family. The weather was FABULOUS, and remains so, a multitude of bright, cloud-free days that were warm in sun and not bad in the shade. So much occurred that I simply had no time to sneak in an entry, but I considered writing here, and managed a wee bit of editing on The Hawk that reminded me exactly what is at stake in next month's election. More than economic policies or immigration outlines, but true liberty for every single American. More about that soon enough.

The center square is a scrap from an old fave. Love this design!

Currently on my mind is the possibility of busting out a quilt in the next six weeks, and not the Red Sky at Night project, although pictured above is this week's block, Diamond Star. I went autumnal in the colours, using a light cream low volume print for the border. Alison Glass's gorgeous batik blends well with the small green squares infused with pale pink flowers. I finished it last night, the quiet of our home strange after days of entertaining. Retirement life provides copious stillness, broken up by conversation certainly, but when beloveds arrive, silence is a rarity.

I need stretches of quiet as much as I adore yakking with relatives. In solitude, I contemplate the state of our world, as well as the needs of my soul. I'm grateful for my family and equally thankful for a return to the routine of myself and my husband. I'm praying for clarity in regard to, well, most things. I might discern a situation this or that way, but at times stepping back for a better view is extraordinarily helpful, be it for a novel, quilt design, or how to follow through on where my heart is being led. Not that I'm planning a move from Humboldt County or to drop my hobbies. Merely to best express what bubbles inside my rib cage, and a little more time feels required before I go forward with that notion.

Be assured if anything occurs, I'll yammer about it here.

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery