Feeling like I've been rolling around in a tumble dryer

 

Jawbreaker candy that illustrates my current state of body and mind.

Physically, emotionally, mentally.... Are there any other ways to be roughed up? Not spiritually, because only in that sense am I feeling like my feet are on the ground. It's a weird Sunday, but hey, sometimes they happen.

Occasionally it's a bad Monday. Or a wild Tuesday, or discombobulated Wednesday or.... You get the drift, in that at times life feels HARD. Unpleasant. Frustrating. Wearying, etc, etc, etc. I need some ice cream, or a strong drink. Ice cream is better, lol, and now that the sun is shining, perhaps it's time to scoop up some Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. No gluten in that, just small chocolate fish amid delicious chocolate ice cream and plenteous marshmallow filling. Yeah, I'm going to retrieve that, then return here.

Okay, that was delicious, maybe not nutritionally satisfying.... But I'm in a mood today, feeling overwhelmed and grateful, lonely and uplifted, mildly disgusted and elated. Good grief! That's a lot of good and meh swirling.

But sometimes that's life; did I already write that in this post? I spent the morning reading through what will be Book 1 of The Hawk, and after the edit-fest that took place earlier this year, I was humbled to find even more to excise. Two words continued to be the bane of my authorial existence: that and just. Way too many of them, although I didn't really start slashing that until a good third of my way through the whole dang thing months ago. Hopefully as I continue with these novels, that will be a mere hint to its current foothold, hah!

Yet (YET!), I have also read through Book 4 of The Enran Chronicles and was BLOWN AWAY by how much I loved it. Especially the end, omg! Gotta take the that with the good, lol, and wow, yeah, Book 4 is a definite keeper. Not that Books 1, 2, and 3 are chopped liver, but I just, no wait, no just. I LOVE Book 4. I'm proud of Book 4. Book 4 doesn't have a clearly defined cliffhanger, but so much has come before it that readers don't need another yank on their chain.

Other issues are spinning me like a yo-yo, my back for instance, but I'll go to PT on Tuesday. My prayer list is lengthy, lots of cancer diagnoses, dang! I have either a small cold or belated reactions to my recent flu/Covid shots. Our day began with heavy fog, now it's sunny. We had our first autumnal rain, of which I was glad, as it's been quite dry. Does the weather have anything to do with my upheaval, I just, no, I don't know. No just, no that. I'm a writer for goodness sake; move past those annoying words!

I'm also human; weak, imperfect, uncertain about a lot of things, but steeped in a goodness that forgives a multitude of whiny outbursts. That is how I feel right now, like a kid in need of a hug and maybe a mild kick up my backside. Okay, not on my back, perhaps just, ARRGGHHH!!! NO JUST! A flick along my ear, or something similar. Dude, I am as glitchy as those smashed jawbreakers, also as relieved as yesterday morning's post-rain sky, pictured below.

Grace is abundant, I just (WHATEVER) need to remember to embrace it. And not get on my own case for just or that or any other irritant. Happy Sunday to you, and a wonderful week ahead for all of us.

Popular posts from this blog

Good to be home

Always good to be home

Earthquake recovery