Awake at silly o'clock

Yesterday's green addition to Peace Round the World.

Been up a while now. Not sure why, other than God wanted my attention. And in writing that sentence, there's a meaning behind it beyond someone tapping my shoulder, seeking my attention.

When we say or think, "So-and-So wants my attention," often the meaning is they desire our consciousness directed toward whatever it is they wish to show or tell us. But what if our attention to them is so they can love us? That's a novel notion.

I've noticed with my grandsons how the younger interrupts the older. They are eleven and seven and I won't even get started with where has the time gone because the time is already gone. It's almost five a.m. as I begin writing this, still dark outside. No stars. Marine layer entrenched. I made a second pot of half-caff tea because the first one was MEH. Only had one cup of it, but something about it was bland and not worth drinking. I used different tea products for this next pot, am hoping for superior results. Because when you are up at silly o'clock, some form of caffeine will ease you through your day, if caffeine is already a part of your day.

Maybe God wanted me to write this post, so he tapped my shoulder, seeking my attention. I've said prayers already, but other than the laptop light, I'm not keen on turning on other lights to read. Instead I'm typing maybe some nonsense, maybe vital truths. This morning it was placed gently on my heart to keep trusting. Keep trusting. Even at silly o'clock in the dark day, keep trusting.

Trust till the last hour, last minute, last second. Trust because I'm loved. Oooohhhh, that's a marvelous notion. I think I used notion earlier in this post, but I've only had a mediocre cup of tea and while waiting for hopefully a better cup of tea, two notions are what I have. Well, I have lots of other ideas, lol, but they're hanging back, not wishing to get in the way of whatever silly o'clock produces. What I produce under an influence of grace and trust and truth and love.

Those are pretty nice influences, hehehe.

When I finish this post and close this laptop, how dark will the room remain? I've noticed that as Daylight Savings Time lessens, the light of a new day emerges a bit later than the previous day. Add a thick marine layer to it, and yeah, the summer solstice is long gone. We're losing over two minutes of light now, most of it in the morning. But then it is the fifth, no, sixth of August. DUDE! Okay, time is zipping along like nobody's business. Last night my youngest grandson was talking about when he's an adult and retired and can do what he likes. My love, hold on there! You are SEVEN YEARS OLD. Enjoy being a kid.

But we seem to constantly wish to look ahead; the next novel, next quilt, next chance for a sunrise when this day, 6 August, is barely getting started. Why am I up so early Lord, what do you want me to know?

Write a blog post, seems to be the response, even if it's disjointed and silly and full of blah blah blah. Maybe some person out there needs to read the calibre of such musings, chockful of love.

Maybe that's all this early morning means: Love. Trust. And healing in whatever capacity is needed.

Maybe by now my new cup of tea is prime for drinking. Maybe after I read through this and post whatever makes the relevant cut, I'll sip my tea and stare into the lessening darkness, marine layer notwithstanding. I'll know great love not of my own making but of assuredness and truth. And later today, if the grandsons ask why I'm staring into space, I'll tell them I was up early chatting with God, then sharing what emerged. Love. We're here to love one another, even at silly o'clock in the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Straight to the Heart

The Rescue of Owl Chicken Part Two

Blogging or Bluesky